Do’s And Don’ts Of Griha Pravesh
Griha pravesh is a very important puja as per the Hindu religion which is usually undertaken to ensure that the house remain free from the all kind of negative energy. It is also done to seek the blessings of the God’s so that they can watch over the house and bless it with good fortune and protect it from the intentions of evil doers.
Griha Pravesh Puja is an elaborate affair including Vastu Puja and Ganesh homa. As a family member there are certain steps or Vidhi which you should observe to reap the fruits of this puja completely.
Here is a complete of dos and don’ts which you should keep in mind before going forward with the Griha Pravesh Puja
- Before you start your griha pravesh make sure that the house is complete with the roof, doors and windows
- Do not shift any furniture inside the house except for the gas stove unless the Vastu Puja is completed
- Before you enter the house break a coconut, which signifies the removal of the obstacles.
- While entering the house always put your right foot first which is a sign of prosperity.
- The idols should be placed in the east facing direction of the house
- Milk should be boiled which again is a sign of prosperity and conch shells should be blown to ward off evil spirits.
- the house should not be left empty for at least three days after the puja is done, failing which would nullify the effects of the puja
- If the lady of the house is pregnant or a death has taken place recently in the family, then do not hold the puja.
- Do not forget to offer the priest with enough gifts and food items.
- Sprinkle the holy water from the kalash with the help of the mango leaves to make your entire house purified.